Home » Parents » Common Questions for Parents

Common Questions for Parents

The Child Care Resource Center hours of operation have been updated for LA County offices. The new hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8am – 5pm and Wednesday 8am – 6pm.

San Bernardino county offices are open Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.

There are a number of different State and Federally funded programs that help families pay for child care. Child development services for children from birth through 12 years of age, and older children with exceptional needs, are available. Click here to begin your online child care search or if you would like to speak with a Child Care Referral Specialist, please contact us in the San Fernando Valley (818) 717-1000, Antelope Valley (661) 789-1200, San Bernardino (909) 384-8000 or Victorville (760) 245-0770.

CCRC’s Head Start program offers pre-school for children who are 3 and 4 years old. It also includes services for mental health, nutrition, disabilities, health, parent involvement, and education.

CCRC’s Head Start serves the communities of Van Nuys, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Canoga Park, Sun Valley, Reseda, Pacoima, Northridge, Sepulveda, Granada Hills, and Arleta. Children who live outside of these communities are still eligible if their parents work or attend school in the area, have child care in the area, or if a CCRC Head Start location is the nearest preschool to their home.

To be eligible for CCRC’s Head Start program, families must qualify under the Federal Income Poverty guidelines. Income requirements may be waived for special circumstance or disability, but must not exceed a specific amount. Click here for more information on how to qualify.

If this happens, it’s because you’re enrolled in a child care subsidy program, which has limitations. There’s a maximum amount we are allowed to pay, according to county and state guidelines. If your provider is receiving a partial payment, you are responsible for anything above the amount CCRC is allowed to pay.

You may be eligible for a payment plan agreement, so contact your case specialist. He or she will explain the process and answer any questions you may have.

For more information, please contact CCRC at (818) 717-1000.