The Planting Prosperity Program (PPP) helps parents create a safe and nurturing environment for their children. This program combines Trauma Informed Care (TIC) training and Mental Health Consultation to enhance the parent-child relationship. Participants decide what level of support is needed. The goal of both services is to equip providers with the tools to enhance the parent-child relationship.
- Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Training: A six-part series on topics related to trauma informed care and ways to develop personal and family resilience following traumatic events. Each module is 90-minutes and training is not required to be sequential.
- Mental Health Consultation: Upon request, participants are paired with a Licensed Mental Health Professional for 3 virtual consultations where they can meet 1:1 with a therapist and navigate questions and resources.
The Trauma Informed Care (TIC) training through PPP is a separate curriculum that consists of six comprehensive modules and accompanying learning objectives including:
MODULE 1: TRAUMA – WHEN TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN
- Define trauma
- Characteristics of a “Parenting Trauma Informed lens”
- Supporting children in developing resilience
MODULE 2: WHAT HAPPENS TO MY FAMILY AFTER TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN
- Understand and identify the three types of stress responses.
- Learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and their impact on health and well-being.
- Softening ACEs through buffers
MODULE 3: I AM THE PARENT MY CHILD NEEDS
- Learn how trauma impacts overall development by understanding the impact of stress on a child.
- The importance of strong healthy attachment
- Understand your child’s emotional language
- Use empathy to manage a child’s strong emotions
MODULE 4: UNDERSTANDING HISTORICAL TRAUMA
- Learn the connection between social discrimination and higher levels of stress
- Identify ways that social discrimination affects parenting
- Tips for talking to your child about race and social justice
MODULE 5: HELPING MY PARENTING BOUNCE BACK AFTER TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN
- Remaining flexible through difficult times to build resilience
- Different types of resilience
- Self-advocacy skills for you and your child
MODULE 6: MY SELF-CARE MATTERS
- Understand the importance of self-care to preserve and improve well-being and learn helpful self-care strategies
- Develop a self-care plan you can use with your child