Race to the Top
The Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC) is a federally funded pilot program through the Los Angeles County Office of Child Care designed to improve the quality of licensed child care programs.
RTT-ELC's goal is to close the achievement gap for high needs children between 0 and 5 years including low-income, English language learners, children with special needs, or are under the supervision of child protective services.
If you're interested in participating, you can apply with the Los Angeles County Office of Child Care. You will be referred to your corresponding Resource & Referral agency. Once you have been referred to CCRC, we will provide the following:
- Determine quality improvement needs based on RTT quality ratings, site visit, and discussions with participants.
- Develop Quality Improvement Plan articulating goals that correspond with the RTT quality framework.
- Determine action steps and resources need per participant.
- Provide Quality Coaching that assists participants in evaluating and improving the quality of child care in their facility. The coach is available for one on one site visits.
- Eligible programs will receive a quality improvement grant based on the type of licensed program.
For more information visit the RTT-ELC website.