Northern Los Angeles – Child Care Resource Center’s (CCRC) Head Start Preschool and Early Head Start program are enrolling for the 2014/2015 school year. Head Start Preschool and Early Head Start programs both focus on giving families the necessary resources to care for their children in healthy and productive ways.
For more than 18 years, CCRC has been FREE providing quality Head Start preschool programs, for three-and four year old children, across the San Fernando Valley. Currently, 1,400 preschool students are enrolled in CCRC’s Head Start program, and 60 families are enrolled in CCRC’s Early Head Start.
CCRC operates 18 Head Start Centers throughout the San Fernando Valley. Families that live near Pacoima, Van Nuys, Arleta and Sun Valley, are all encouraged to apply.
Why should families enroll their children in CCRC’s Head Start program?
- Head Start provides young students with social and academic skills that prepare them for elementary school
- Our professional staff works with each child to ensure that all their necessary medical and dental exams are completed
- Nutritious meals are served daily
- To promote healthy prenatal outcomes for women expecting
- To enhance the development of young children
- To promote healthy family functioning
Families with children under 3 years of age, and woman currently expecting, are encouraged to enroll in CCRC’s Early Head Start program. Its mission is simple:
Statistics show that participation in CCRC’s early care and education programs leads to the following results:
Significant developmental gains in areas that prepare children ages 0-5 years for their future in schooling:
- Development of self-concept, social interpersonal skills, self-regulation, language, learning, cognitive competence, math, literacy, motor skills, and safety / health
- Significant gains in school readiness for children
- 94.7% of parents reported an increase in their children’s readiness for kindergarten
- Significant gains in parent’s ability to support their children’s readiness for kindergarten and sustain their success in school:
- 89.1% of parents increased their parenting skills
Click here learn about eligibility requirements for CCRC’s Head Start and Early Head Start Program or email us.