What is a Family Child Care Home Education Network?
A Family Child Care Home Education Network (FCCHEN) is made up of a group of licensed family child care providers that offer subsidized child care for eligible families. CCRC’s FCCHEN program is funded by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Child Care and Development Division and is currently only funded for the Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. These child development programs are small, carefully selected home-based environments for whom CCRC provides ongoing training, professional development, and supportive technical assistance. FCCHEN programs offer quality child care in a family child care home environment. Children are cared for in a safe and healthy environment, enjoy developmentally and age-appropriate activities, and nurturing interactions with staff.
CDSS also offers financial assistance for families who qualify to gain access to these high-quality programs. This ensures that low-income families can provide their children with the best care while they work or attend school or training. Family Child Care providers often offer flexible hours. FCCHEN providers work with parents to create a close relationship that benefits the child.
As part of the Family Child Care Home Education Network, your child will receive:
- High-quality care in licensed home-based child care facilities.
- Meals that meet nutritional guidelines and standards.
- Personalized support and activity planning to meet your child’s developmental needs.
- Child observations and parent conferences to ensure individual needs are met.
- Subsidized funding through the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Child Care and Development Division for income-eligible families.
With the support of an Early Childhood Coach, your child care provider will receive:
- Unique professional growth and education opportunities.
- Free resources and materials to support children’s development.
- One-on-one mentoring and program planning to ensure high-quality services.
Place your child in a high-quality child care program today! For more information, please contact:
- San Fernando Valley – Migdalia Bourdett (818) 717-1000 ext. 4113
- Antelope Valley – Wendy Cartagena (818) 717-1000 ext. 2020