CCRC is looking for volunteers like you to help collect children’s books for kids within the community. By hosting a book drive for our What a Difference a BOOK Makes campaign at your home, school, club, church or office, you’ll help provide children with the tools they need to succeed in school and beyond.
In 2016, CCRC will collect and distribute 100,000 new or gently used English and Spanish children’s books (ages 0-13) to kids within our 22,500 square mile service area. And we need your help to be successful.
In 2016, CCRC will collect and distribute 100,000 new or gently used English and Spanish children’s books (ages 0-13) to kids within our 22,500 square mile service area. And, we need your help to be successful.
If you’re interested in hosting a book drive for the campaign this year, please:
- Contact the Communications team at 1-866-674-KIDS or email us. Let us know so we can provide you with more detailed information and/or supplies. We’re here to help you!
- Set the dates for your book drive. Most volunteers collect books for a few weeks, but it’s completely up to you. Consider setting a goal for the number of books you want to collect, too, as this may help inspire people to donate.
- Set up book donation bins in visible locations. We recommend strong, sturdy boxes or bins — books are heavy! We can also provide bins for your drive, so please let us know if you’d like to use ours.
- Spread the word! Promote your book drive on social media sites, create fliers and hang posters. Make sure you include details about when and where to drop off books. The more people who hear about your drive, the more children’s books you’ll collect.
- Count and box the books, then contact the Communications team at 1-866-674-KIDS or email us at the end of your book drive to arrange a pick up.
All of us at CCRC thank you for your support.