This easy craft uses everyday items found at home to make something that combines two of children’s favorite things: unicorns and slime.
The Fluffy Slime Recipe uses shaving cream, food coloring and other simple ingredients to produce colorful, stretchy slime.
2/3 cup white Elmer’s glue
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup water
2-3 cups shaving cream
Liquid food coloring
**Contact lens solution must have boric acid and sodium borate in ingredient list. This is what interacts with the glue to form the slime.
- Add white glue to a bowl.
- Add water and baking soda, then mix.
- Add shaving cream and mix (the more shaving cream you add, the fluffier it will be)
- Add food coloring until the color is satisfactory, then mix.
- Now slowly add in contact solution (more may be required if excess shaving cream was used).
The creator of this craft, Best Ideas for Kids, likes to add in 1 tablespoon of contact solution before kneading for 5 minutes, then adding in 1/2 tablespoon. The slime will be very sticky when you’re kneading, which is normal.
If the mixture is still too sticky, apply some baby oil or lotion to your hands. You can also add more contact lens solution, just a little bit at a time. We like to add an extra teaspoon at a time until it stops sticking. If you add too much the slime may become too hard and won’t be as stretchy.