Child Care Payment Process
CCRC currently serves more than 18,000 children each month in our subsidized child care programs. This funding enables parents to go to work, continue their education or receive valuable job training.
California Department of Education (CDE) funded programs include CalWORKs Stages 2 and 3, Alternative Payment, and the Family Child Care Home Education Network (FCCHEN) serving over 16,000 children per month. Through these programs, we support small business with payments to more than 4,000 child care providers each month generating over $7 million to local economies in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
The Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) Stage 1 funds our CalWORKs Stage 1 program which serves over 2,800 children per month and pays more than 1,000 child care providers. These payments generate over $1 million in revenue to communities throughout the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys.
Child Care Payment Options
As a child care provider, you must select one of two options to receive payments from CCRC. If you have not done this before your first payment is issued, you will need to pick up your check at our office and sign up for one of the following payment options:
Payment Option #1: Direct Deposit
With Direct Deposit, we send your payment directly to your checking or savings account, which means you will need an active bank checking or savings account. You will need a completed direct deposit form and a voided check with your pre-printed information on it. You can take it to your local CCRC office, or mail it to the address on the direct deposit form.
We will issue a monthly payment summary with every deposit that will show the names of the children in your care and the amount deposited into your account. This is the best and most secure payment option, because nothing can get lost or misplaced. Everything is done automatically and the money is transferred in minutes, rather than taking a few days through the mail.
Please keep us informed if you change your bank information, such as changing banks or closing your account. Your payments will not automatically follow you to your new bank or account.
Payment Option #2: Provider Pay Card (PPC)
Provider Pay Cards (PPC) are like a bank's debit card. They're an alternative to Direct Deposit for providers who don't have a bank account. They're an easy alternative for providers who may not be able to get a bank account or credit card. Because this is like a debit card, you can use your PPC anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. So, places like ATMs, grocery stores, and the post office would all accept your PPC.
To use this option, you will sign up at your local CCRC office. You will also need a valid photo ID or any other U.S. government issued ID, such as a passport, when completing the application.
We will issue a monthly payment summary with every deposit that will show the names of the children in your care and the amount of money deposited into your account.
Please notify us of any changes that may affect your pay card, such as a change in your tax ID, change in your address, or even a name change.
Child Care Provider Documents and Timelines
CDE Child Care Providers
We use an attendance sheet for all CDE funded programs in order to document a child's need for services. These programs include CalWORKs Stage 2 and 3, Alternative Payment, and Family Child Care Home Education Network. If you are a child care provider for any of these programs, you will be provided attendance sheets.
These forms are pre-printed with the children's information on it. Please do not change or correct any of the pre-printed information. If there are any errors or incorrect information, please contact the CCRC, and we will be able to change it there.
We will mail you an attendance sheet for each child after care has been authorized. From then on, we will send an attendance sheet by the 1st of each month. If you don't receive your attendance sheets by the first week of the month, call Provider Payments at (818) 717-1000 ext. 4721 to request new ones.
CDE Payment Timelines & Document Guidelines
Your child care provider payments will be electronically transferred according to the schedule below. Payment should appear within 24 hours of the posted date. Please check your provider pay card or bank account to ensure the funds have hit your account.
- Attendance sheets received by the 4th business day of the month will paid on the 14th business day of the same month.
- Attendance sheets received between the 5th and 8th business day of the month will be paid on the last business day of the same month.
- Attendance sheets received after the 8th business day of the month will have payments electronically transferred on the 14th business day of the next month.
PLEASE NOTE: Business days do not include weekends or holidays, so the payment day will change from month to month.
Review and ensure proper completion of each attendance sheet before submitting them to CCRC. Click here to check out our Helpful Tips (PDF) and How to Complete an Attendance Sheet in English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF).
Attendance Sheet Document Guidelines
In order for the attendance sheet to be processed, the following information must be properly completed.
- The attendance sheet must be completed in ink; correction fluid/tape is not acceptable.
- Attendance sheets must be completed on a daily basis with exact time (to the minute) by the appropriate person as he or she is dropping off and picking up the child from the child care provider.
- The child care provider must also complete the middle section when dropping off or picking up the child from school.
- Parents and providers are responsible for completing their own section. Providers may not enter times in/out on behalf of parents or sign on behalf of parents. Parents may not enter times in/out on behalf of the provider (middle section) or initial on behalf of the provider.
- The enrolled parent and child care provider must sign and date the bottom of the attendance sheet declaring, under penalty of perjury, that the information reported is accurate.
- The accuracy and completeness of this form is an important part of participation in the Subsidized Programs. Errors on attendance sheets may affect your payment.
- Attendance sheets cannot be corrected once submitted to CCRC. These are legal documents signed under penalty of perjury and will be paid according to the families' certified need.
- For variable schedules: Payment will be based on the days/hours reported on the attendance sheet not to exceed the families' certified need. Adjustments will not be made due to incomplete attendance sheets.
- CCRC will only pay valid attendance sheets for child care during the current fiscal year. Attendance sheets received more than 60 days after the close of the month are no longer eligible for payment. Exception: June attendance sheets must be received no later than July 31st.
Submitting an Attendance Sheet
Please submit original attendance sheets to CCRC after the end of the care month. You can drop it off at your local CCRC office at the front desk. You can also drop it in the lobby drop box, or if you can only come after hours, we have an external/night drop box at each office. Finally, you can just mail it to us at:
CCRC Provider Payments Department
20001 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Provider Payment Request
Every month, child care providers in the CalWORKs program will receive Provider Payment Request Forms (PPR). These forms are pre-printed with the children's information on it. Please do not change or correct any of the pre-printed information. If there are any errors or incorrect information, contact the CCRC office, and we can change it.
A PPR for each child will be mailed to you after child care has been authorized. After that, you will receive a PPR in the mail by the 1st of the month. If you do not receive one by the first week of the month, call Provider Payments at (818) 717-1000 ext. 4717 and ask for a reprint.
Payment TimelinesYour payment will be electronically transferred to you within ten business days after CCRC receives a properly completed PPR. Payment should appear within 24 hours after we process the payment. Please check your provider pay card or bank account for availability of funds.
PPR Document Guidelines
In order for the Provider Payment Request (PPR) form to be processed in a timely manner, the following information must be properly completed:
- The PPR must be completed in ink; correction fluid/tape will not be accepted.
- You must indicate the total number of hours and days child care was provided each week.
- You must claim the amount you wish to be reimbursed. For hourly, daily, or weekly rates complete the "Amount Provider is Billing" each week, total up all weeks in the "Total" box. Please make sure the weekly totals equal the amount in the "Total" box.
- For monthly rates fill in the "Total" box at the bottom.
- At the bottom of the form, the parent and child care provider must sign and date the form declaring, under penalty of perjury, that the information reported is accurate.
- For children on a variable schedule, you must include the parent's ST1-21 (Monthly Variable Schedule Calendar) along with the PPR in order for payment to be processed (the ST1-06 will indicate if the schedule is varied).
- Incomplete or inaccurately completed PPRs will be returned to the provider and payment will be delayed.
- CCRC will only pay valid PPRs for child care provided during the current fiscal year and the immediate prior fiscal year.
Submitting a PPR
Original PPRs must be submitted to a CCRC office after the authorized period, otherwise payment may be delayed. You can drop it off at the front desk of your local CCRC office. You can also drop it in the lobby drop box, or if you can only come after hours, we have an external/night drop box at each office. Finally, you can just mail it to us at:
CCRC Provider Payments Department
20001 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
What should I do if my Provider Pay Card (PPC) is lost or stolen?
Contact the card company's customer service number at (888) 397-0767 to report your card lost or stolen. Come to a CCRC office to receive your replacement card. Please bring in a valid U.S. government issued photo ID, like a driver's license or state ID card. The card company will charge a $5.00 administrative fee for each replacement card.
You can always get free access to your account over the phone or online at http://www.paycardintl.com.
Please be aware that our PPCs have an expiration date. If you don't use it before the date, you could lose those funds. You can get a replacement card by going to your local CCRC office. Please bring a valid U.S. government ID, just like when you signed up the first time.
Switch Payment Options
If at any time you wish to switch from the payment option you currently have to another one, please come in to your local CCRC office, and we'll be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions, please call CCRC's Provider Payments Department at (818) 717-1000 ext. 4721.