Common Questions

Common Questions for Providers

What are the office hours for the Child Care Resource Center?

The Child Care Resource Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at all locations. Extended hours are on Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Chatsworth and Palmdale offices.

How do I become a licensed child care provider?

Attending an orientation given by Community Care Licensing (CCL) is the first step in the process of becoming a licensed child care provider. CCL will inform you, step by step, about the process and what is required of potential providers. For a copy of the current fee schedule and other information, visit the Child Care Licensing website or call them at (424) 301-3077 or (323) 981-3350.

Who is eligible to use the library at CCRC?

Everyone is welcome to enjoy our Book,Toy, Resource Library at no cost. Child care professionals, child development students and parents can all benefit from the lending library. For library hours and how to obtain a library card to access our valuable tools, click here for more information.

I am a child care provider and received an Approval Provider Notification for child care services. I think the hours are incorrect because the hours I am providing care for the approved children is more than the approved hours. What do I do?

The child care schedule is approved by the Case Specialist. Ask the parent to contact their Case Specialist to review the schedule and revise if necessary. You will only be paid for the approved hours specified on the Approval Provider Notification.

Can CCRC provide me with a copy of the Regional Market Rates?

CCRC does not provide copies of the Regional Market Rates (RMR). If you would like to get a copy of the RMR, visit the California Department of Education's website. If you would like a written copy, please send your request to the following address: California Department of Education Child Development Fiscal Services Unit 1430 N Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Your written request must include a self addressed, stamped envelope and the name of the county in which you are providing care.

What do I do if I did not receive my payment for child care services I have provided?

Please refer to Stage 1 Provider or CDE Provider pages for payment time lines. If you have not received your payment by the expected date please call the Provider Payments Department at (818) 717-1000, ext. 4721 for CDE Yellow Attendance Sheets and ext. 4717 for Stage 1 White PPR's (Provider Payment Request).

What is a Provider Pay Card (PPC)?

A Provider Pay Card (PPC) works like a debit card and offers an alternative to Direct Deposit to a bank account. Payments are electronically deposited to your PPC and available for use.

Where can I use my PPC?

You can use your VISA Provider Pay Card to make purchases anywhere VISA prepaid cards are accepted. You can also use your card at ATMs. Logos are printed on the back of your card as a reminder. Keep in mind, fees may differ from POS to ATM so please check applicable fees before using.

Can I send money to others using my PPC?

Yes, you can transfer funds from your card to other PPCs or bank accounts. Transfer fees will apply. Please refer to your fee schedule.

How do I know when my payment has been deposited to my PPC?

You will receive a payment notification by mail after every deposit that reflects the amount deposited to your PPC.

What should I do if my PPC is lost or stolen?

Contact the card company's customer service number at (888) 397-0767 to report your card lost or stolen. Come to a CCRC office to receive your replacement card. Please make sure your bring in a valid Government issued photo ID. CCRC will charge a $5.00 administrative fee for each replacement card and the card company will also charge a $5.00 processing charge for each replacement. Free access to your account is always available over the phone or online at For more information, please contact CCRC at (818) 717-1000.

For more information, please contact CCRC at (818) 717-1000.