The Head Start Family Child Care Home program offers child care services in a Family Child Care Home setting for children ages 3-5. Children enrolled are cared for by Licensed Child Care Providers in a private home that maintains the same access to all comprehensive services provided by Head Start. Child care providers are required to follow all the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Full day, full year high quality child care
- Ongoing comprehensive services include:
- Dental care
- Mental health
- Health care
- Support for children with disabilities
- Other family needs
- Ongoing assessment and support of social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth and development
- Diapers, wipes and formula are provided to families at no cost while in child care
Child care provider benefits:
- Access to comprehensive support for children and families
- Assistance with materials and equipment for family child care home or center
- Coaching and mentoring from a child development specialist
- Access to a monthly quality supplement for each enrolled child
- Opportunities to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential or other approved degree/certification
- Professional growth opportunities
To learn more about curriculum click here.
Click here to learn for more information on eligibility requirements for the FCC program.